LEVEL 2 AWARD IN PRINCIPLES OF HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE (QCF)
Achievement of this regulated qualification will enable learners to work safely and to recognise and deal with hazards in the workplace. The aim of the qualification is to provide learners with knowledge of the basic health and safety practices essential in the workplace.
This includes identifying hazards and risks along with the relevant legislation, and ensures awareness of cost-effective, practical control methods. This qualification is applicable for any private or public sector working environment and provides employees with an awareness of their own safety, as well as the safety of customers, contractors and members of the public.
HOW IS THIS QUALIFICATION STRUCTURED?
This qualification is made up of one mandatory unit for which learners must successfully complete the assessment.
This is a 1 day course.
HOW IS THIS QUALIFICATION ASSESSED?
This qualification is assessed through a 1 hour, 30-question, multiple-choice examination. Successful learners must answer at least 20 out of the 30 questions correctly
WHO NEEDS THIS QUALIFICATION?
Everyone in a work environment.
WHY IS THIS TRAINING IMPORTANT?
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
- Understanding the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Ability to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
Persons gaining this level 2 QCF qualification will know that health and safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, its contractors, visitors and suppliers.
Its subject areas are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive as being important to maintaining safe working procedures in the workplace.
Successful candidates will achieve:
HABCLEVEL 2 AWARD IN PRINCIPLES OF HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE (QCF).
This qualification is assessed through a 30-question multiple-choice examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour. Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30.
•HABC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (QCF)
Suitable for all workers in any environment.
The cost of this course run at your site for a group of up to 12 is £396.00 + vat in addition there is a £10.00 + vat certification fee for each student. A comprehensive manual is also included for each student